Magnolia and vine
Magnolia and vine
Nicholas Harding, Magnolia and Vine, Limited edition fine art reproduction print, hand signed, titled and editioned by the Artist.
- Strictly Limited edition of 25 prints, plus 1 Artist Proof
- Published in 2018
- Image size 61 x 61 cm, Paper size 73 x 71 cm
- Printed on 100% archival acid free cotton rag Hahnemühle watercolour paper with fade resistant archival pigmented ink
- All prices are RRP for unframed reproductions and include GST for Australian orders.
- Delivery: Editions are usually dispatched within 5-10 business days. Please refer to shipping for more information
Nicholas Harding is represented by Olsen Gallery.
Nicholas Harding (b. 1956) is a highly regarded British-Australian artist known for his large scale painted portraits and pen and ink drawings. Harding came to Australia from England as a six-year-old. After studying for a BA he worked for twenty-two years as a freelance animator. Meanwhile, he was became known, early on, for huge pen and ink depictions of the railway tracks and shabby streets of inner Sydney, and the scrubby trees of the beaches of the north coast of New South Wales. His lush paintings on the same themes, as well as flowers, beach and river scenes and caravan parks are now in high demand from collectors.
Since 1994 he has been a regular exhibitor in the Archibald, Wynn, Dobell, and Sulman prizes. In 2001, the first of several triumphant years, Harding won the Dobell Drawing Prize as well as the Archibald. Harding was the most-represented artist in the National Portrait Gallery exhibition Idle Hours in 2009-2010. A major retrospective of his work, Nicholas Harding: Drawn to Paint was at the SH Ervin Gallery in Sydney over the same period.
Harding's work is held in the collections in the National Gallery Canberra, the Art Gallery of New South Wales and the Newcastle Region Art Gallery.