Limited edition fine art reproduction is hand signed by John Olsen. Each work is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity, is blind embossed by the publisher and also has two additional "frog" blind embossments drawn and approved by Olsen.
This print can be bought as part of a series called The Bird Series.
"I did the initial sketches for these works in Townsville when I was doing some graphics for an ABC television program "Wild Australia", a wildlife series." - John Olsen.
Olsen painted the original watercolour and pastel artworks in Sydney in 1983, upon his return from Queensland. The "Jacanas" bird which features in this series of works is know as "The Christ Bird" because its big feet allow the little bird to run across the water lillies, as if it is walking on water.
- Limited edition of 99 (one size only)
- Printed using Japanese pigment ink onto 256gsm English watercolour paper, this paper and ink combination makes them archival for up to 135 years.
- Image size, Large, 72.6cm x 99.0cm
- Paper size: 80.6 x 107 cm
- Printed by Digital Art Directory.
- All prices are RRP for unframed reproductions and include GST. Please call +61 2 9327 3922 for wholesale pricing.
- Delivery of works is based upon goods value and destination.
John Olsen is represented in Sydney by OLSEN (previously Olsen Irwin and Tim Olsen Gallery).
About John Olsen
Born in Newcastle in 1928, Dr John Olsen received an Order of Australia in 2001. In 1977 he was awarded the O.B.E. for services to the Arts and in 1993 he was awarded an Australian Creative Fellowship. He was also awarded the Wynne Prize in 1969 and 1985 and the Archibald Prize in 2005 among many other awards throughout his career. Olsen's work is represented in all Australian state gallery collections, the National Gallery of Australia, Canberra and regional galleries Australia wide. He is also represented in institutional, corporate and private collections in Australasia, United Kingdom, Europe and the United States of America ... read more