Limited edition fine art reproduction print, hand signed, titled and editioned by the Artist, Martine Emdur.
- Limited edition of 20 and 4 Artist Proofs only
- 90 x 118 cm (print), 72cm x 97cm (image)
- Printed on 100% archival acid free cotton rag paper, 300 gsm thickness, with archival inks
- All prices are RRP for unframed reproductions and include GST for Australian orders.
- Delivery: Editions are usually dispatched within 5-10 business days. Please refer to shipping for more information
Martine Emdur is represented in Sydney by OLSEN (previously Olsen Irwin and Tim Olsen Gallery).
Just as clouds disintegrate and re-form, water is in a continual state of renewal and restless movement. Into this realm Martine Emdur plunges bodies and creates a subterranean theatre where silence replaces time and ambiguity is a constant.
Living by the sea, painting the sea and submerging her models into the skin of the water she has endless patience for the gradations and the shifting mutability of her element: “With each painting I notice another detail letting me understand and further capture the subtleties.” Her work is not just (sea)scape. It is also portraiture, a highly original extension of the figurative into the abstract. The sea being the ultimate abstract field: a seamless realm of light and colour. It is also a treasury of metaphors and wishes.
For this painter a body in water alone can signify “surrender, fluidity, calm” and the meeting of two bodies (which increasingly the new work explores). Anatomy in the picture conveys something more: union, erotic fantasy, tension.